June 22, 2014

My Blog Photography Wishlist

Today I want to talk about a little something different.  This doesn't have anything to do with what you normally see here at the ABC's of Life.  It has to do with what's happening behind the screen.  I have spent the last week and a half researching blog photography including tips, tricks, equipment, and all the do's and don't's.  In my effort of trying to find all that I needed to know, I want to share my blog photography wishlist.  I have at this point been taking all my pictures with a point and shoot camera in auto setting (BIG NO apparently) with all the house lights on (BIGGER NO apparently).

My Blog Photography Wishlist


Here are all the items listed in the picture above!
  1. Canon EOS Rebel T3 12.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR with 18-55mm IS II Lens and EOS HD Movie Mode (Black)
  2. Manfrotto 055XPROB Pro Tripod Legs (Black)
  3. LimoStudio-Photography Photo Portrait Studio 600W Day Light Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit
  4. Shutter Starz 1051 SS6700 Tabletop Complete Photo Studio Kit with 2 Light Tents and 8 Backgrounds
  5. Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
  6. Theit The Bossi Camera Bag
Like I said, I have been researching a lot so I have figured out that these items are really what I need to be able to create more beautiful pictures for ABC's of Life.  I also want to share all the other posts and amazing bloggers who have helped me better understand what I need for this next step for the blog.


The Hunted Interior: Blogging Tips and Tricks (This is also where I found that amazing bag!!)

Foodess: 5 Tips for Flawless Food Photography (Great information even for non-food photos)



I hope that this was helpful to any other new (or older) bloggers out there, and as always, thanks for stopping by!
post signature





DISCLOSURE: Some of the links contained in this post may be linked to an affiliate account.  This means that if you click on the link and purchase the product I will receive a percentage of the purchase.  HOWEVER, I would NOT, I repeat would not recommend any products on this blog that I do not completely believe in and use myself.

2 comments :

  1. Mark got a DSLR a few years ago (and it is sadly incredibly under-utilized). He ended up with a Nikon because at the end of it, the Canon and Nikon he was looking at were pretty much the same, he just picked the one that felt best to him. So for the camera, I would advise going into a real camera store (we're lucky to have an amazing one here in Anchorage!) and just getting some hands on time with them! I do even bigger blog photography no-nos...almost all of my pictures are from my iPhone! Thanks to the photo stream and iPhoto, it makes it way too easy and fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the Nikon but the Canon just really fit our needs best. Ps. Hope y'all are doing great!

      Delete